Monday, February 28, 2011

Making Yarn

Because I have a bunch of things that need to be done. Important things, I've decided NOW is the time to finish spinning up some wool. Mind you, I've had this stuff for almost 5 years, I have no idea what it is anymore, because for some reason I thought I'd know what it was forever, and who I got it from. I'm pretty sure it came from Maryland Sheep & Wool, but that's about all I'm certain of. Except it's soft, and I like it.

My WooLee Winder is awsome, and I'm finding that I'm spinning a really fine thread, and it is consistent! I haven't decided yet if I should two ply or three ply this, so will see if once I'm done with the last little bit, if it talks to me. And of course, I didn't make it with anything in mind, so it will probably be another 5 years before I actually use it for more than wall decoration.

No comments: