Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Things

A few weeks ago, I was listening to a book on cd in my car and I pissed off the cd player. It decided that not only would it not spit the cd out when it was done, but it wouldn't spit any of the other cds out either. So I said to my son, the mechanic, please fix it, I need that library cd out so I don't have to buy the book. Of course he didn't want to do it, because it is a painful job.

Sunday, I got really anoyed. Right after I got the email from the library reminding me that the book on cd was due soon, so I took a screw driver out to the car and decided I'd get it out myself. I took the dash half way apart. My DH finlly realized what I was doing and decided he'd better help before I broke something. I pointed out that taking screws out wasn't difficult, and all you had to do was get started and then it was like a puzzle. And then the cd player had to come out. How hard could it be?

Not very. But then we stil couldn't get the cds out, so we ended up taking the entire player apart. Cleaned it up some, put it back together. It still doesn't work. But, as I pointed out, it didn't work before so that wasn't such a disappointment. I'll price a new one and just replace it. I can drive without it, I still have the radio. To which my DH remarked, that cd player won't be replaced before you sell the truck. I told him he may be right.

Yesterday on my way home I didn't have any heat in my truck. Bummer. It isn't spring yet, and I like to keep my truck HOT. I don't use A/C in the summer unless it's over 100F, but I run the heat, on my feet from about September thru April. My son did actually look at that. He said if the heater core needs to be replaced to sell the truck Hahahaha. I told him I'd help since I've already got 1/3 of the dash taken apart anyway (well to be fair, we put most of it back together so it wasn't so sad looking).

I had to drive the spare truck today. You get a lot of attention driving it, it is huge. I'd rather not drive it, but can.

I work at a college. The students cut through the faculty parkig lot to get to some of the buildings. That's cool, except the walk up the middle of the part we drive on. And they spread out. And if the walk thru once you've started driving, you are surrounded by stupid people.

So I parked kinda far away, I waited until there was only one student walking, he was on my right walking straight along some parking spaces that were empty. He just had to go in a straight line. There was also parking available on my left, there were no students or vehicles. So I pulled up next to him (on my right) started backing up to the left. No, I wasn't looking out my back window, no one was behind me, and the one kid was on my right, so I was using my mirrors. All of a sudden that stupid kid came running from behind my truck, from right to left so now he is on the driver side. The little F)(&*U had to go out of his way to run behind me when he was already in front of me when I started backing up. I started to tell him to just go home he was obviously too stupid to be in college.

Then I was just sorry I hadn't weeded him out right thee.

No comments: