Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Two Days in a Row - Must be Some Kind of Record

I actually am 95% done with a project, and I actually have pictures. About 5 years ago I saw a My Constant Companion Bag in a book and fell in love with it. I knew it was my destiny to make that up. Of course I also knew that I wouldn't do it in the recommended yarn because I'm cheap.

So I waited, and waited, made other project, and finaly last year I got some KnitPicks yarn. They were having a sale, and I even got some of the clear acrylic needles to make the wonderful bag. In roughly the same colors as in the picture.

I started the bag, then let it lay. For some reason middle of last week I resolved to finish that sucker. Well I know the reason, there's stuff I need to do and don't want to. So by Saturday afternoon, I was here:

I will say that the thought of knitting 5 feet of I-cord was a littl daunting, but I did them two at a time and it went swimmingly

I've often wondered about people who rave about how much knitting they get done while watching a movie, or a marathon of tv shows. I watch movies r tv when I knit, I get a few rows done, then I guess I get distracted. I also don't watch much tv so my sitting in front of the tube time is limited. But I popped in PS I Love You because I've had it for a long time and never watched it. Oh my. Good movie and yepper, I did get me some knitting done.

Plan to get me some felting done this weekend.

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Good for you! A finished object AND a movie watched. . .you go, girl!