Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesdays - Favorite Movies

Apparently the movie awards are coming out soon. I don't watch them. Quite frankly they bore me. I know, I'm odd. I like movies, but I don't go to the theatre because I refuse to pay the price for a ticket and then if I want a snack, I've spent a weeks pay.

A lot of times I'll but the movies when the first come out or I'll wait until they are less than 410 because they are old or deemed "not good" by whatever critic so deemed it. I find the critics pretty crappy too. They have their favorite movies and if the topic of a movie isn't one they like,tey trash the entire movie.

So, my 10 favorite movies:
not in any particular order

1. Casablanca
2. Sabrina (both original and remake)
3. Harry Potter (all except the 2nd to last one that just came out)
4. Bringing up Baby
5. Arsnic and Old Lace
6. Matilda
7. Philadelphia Story
8. Twister
9. Holiday Inn
10 Mame (with Rosalind Russell)

Yep, lots of old ones, I find them comfortable. Usually funny, no bad language, no gratituous naked bodies. Innocent I guess.

There are tons of others of course, I like Indiana Jones, Star Wars (the last three not the first three), and a few that have come out recently. I always get the disney and cartoon movies because they are usually really cute. I don't go for the blood, guts and gore, and gratituous nakedness. But I do want to see the King's Speech, I heard about that from people the first week it was out. And I recently saw Reds, bought it as soon as it was available. I liked Eat Pray and Love kinda. I thik the book was better, but you have less time in a movie. I wasn't disappointed, but didn't love it either.

No comments: