Tuesday, February 1, 2011

52 Years / 52 Weeks in a Year

The other day I realized that on my happy birthday this year I would be 52. Well, yeah I knew that. But then I thought, there are 52 weeks in a year. So this year I should do something different, or meaningful or something, every week. Do 52 special things. Then I was watching Joel Osteen and he said that 2011 was your year. The year that was going to be yours. Well yes, he was talking to probably 50 thousand people, but I was among them. And I though how funny it was that not an hour earlier, I was contemplating the next year.

So, what to do? I’ve started exercising again because I’m not fitting into my clothes very well anymore. I’ve been eating better and had already decided to do the CLEAN three day detox this weekend to get started, and I understand it is, while rather nasty tasting, will make you feel super.

Actually, I’m in a good place these days. I have a job I like for the most part. I don’t hate going to work and I have a lot of freedom while I’m there. The business comes and goes so I’ll be glad when that levels off, and I just got a lot of new “duties” that I’m still figuring out. I hate not knowing how to do my job.

I have been purging things in the house. Getting rid of the clutter, unnecessary and unused or unloved items. I find this most liberating. The Salvation Army knows me almost by name now, and still there is more. I don’t know if I can go down to 100 items, or even 500 items in my house, but I may start counting things in the room as I think I’m done with it. Except my woman cave. That room doesn’t count in the purging effort. And I would have to count yarn and roving as one item.

And I’m going to start my bucket list. I’m going to try and start with 100 items. Then we will see how far I get. Item number one will be walking more every day and week. I was talking today to someone who does an average of 50 miles a week. That is 7.14 miles a day. An awful lot. So, lets not be quite so ambitious to start with shall we?

1. Walk 40 miles per week average. That is only 5.72 miles a day, which
is less than 10,000 steps so should be easy peasy. What I don’t get
done by walking the campus I will finish up on the treadmill.

No comments: