Saturday, May 7, 2011

Maryland Sheep & Wool

Every year for about the past 5 years TinkerDaughter and I have gone to MDS&W. Some years my sister goes with us like she did this year, sometimes it is just the two of us.

We decided early on that there were only a few vendors we wanted to visit, neither one of us NEEDS yarn, or roving, but you never know what might be new. I wanted to replace my spindle if I could since I've lost mine somewhere. That doesn't please me let me tell you. I also wanted to look at wheels I could travel with. I have an Ashford Traveler, which despite the name, doesn't travel easy. I looked at the louet, and the new one that puts the wheel between your feet, and another little one. Then I saw it. At The Merlin Tree booth. A kiwi. The wheel had been painted teal. It spoke to me. It is mine and writing that check still doesn't hurt.

No comments: