Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Knitting Room

Jack here,

Mom has a knitting room. It is a work in progress and maybe one day she'll post finished pictures. She took furniture from various places and it is a cozy room, it use to be the guest room.



Here's my window. I have to share it with Stanley, but that's okay, it is almost 4 feet wide, the sill is 9" which is just barely wide enough for my fat butt mom says. Now that it is spring, the gardens are in full bloom so I can't see the street as well, but it makes a great place to hide. Except that the orange cat tried to get in last night and really pissed dad off.




This is mom's chair. It is big and she has a cozy blanket on it because she hates the leather. She said in the winter it is always cold and in the summer when she dares to wear shorts, her legs stick to it. I use to lay on the back of it when she was knitting, and when she wasn't in it, I would sleep in the comfy blanket.

But then I decided that the mohair and other yummy yarns were calling to me. She found hanks and balls of yarn in varius places in th house. I didn't usualy hurt the yarn, but I did enjoy it's company. So then she started closing the door. I could only get in the room when she was in there. Stanley was pissed. Yelled at me that I had ruined a good thing for the both of us. He liked sleeping on top of the closet because he could look out the window but not really be seen. He's a big scaredy cat. I went to a 12 step program for yarn and mom said I was doing better, and she would leave the door open more often because she said I looked cute sleeping in her chair. And if she left a knitting project in it, I didn't touch it. Yea Me!


Then two days ago she found it. On the chair. It took her a day to figure it out (sometimes she's slow). Bunny fur. I didn't hurt it, I swear! But it was there, in the bag with her extra bobbins and some silk hankies. And really. I didn't touch those so I don't know what she's all bent out of shape about. I just wanted a litle to sleep with. It's so soft! And yeah, it was at the bottom of the bag, but I'm a cat. Bags are our speciality.

So now the door is closed again.

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Jack, you are quite the writer. We are glad that cats everywhere are finally getting a voice in blogland. Mrowr!

Signed,
Chloe and Zoe
aka Pretty's cat