Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ladybug

I'm not a bug person, I'm perfectly happy for them to stay outside and not bother me. If they come into my house, they'd best hide. Last night TinkerSon1 came home for a visit. Hungry. At 10:00 p.m. So I offered him salad, which he said was great.

While I was washing the romaine I found a ladybug, she was stiff and I felt sorry for her being frozen to death like that. So I rinsed the leaf off and left her in the sink for later. Acout 15 minutes later she was crawling up my wall. Hmmm, guess hibernation was the name of the game. So I scooped her up and was walking to the door when TinkerSon2 saw her and said what's up. I told him I was freeing Ms. Ladybug and where I found her. You'd have thought I told him I put worms in the salad.

I then remembered Norma's blog post about the woman concerned about bugs in Norma's garden and how did she keep them off the salad.

People. Plants. Outside. Bugs. Fact. of. life.

Get over it and wash your greens well.