Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Weekend

Usually I "catch up" on the weekends. Not sure on what or why, but I'm not anymore. Or at least not this weekend. Yesterday I spent a relaxing morning with my coffee and newpaper, a muffin, and the cats. Then I drove to Warrenton to meet some friends. We spent a lovely few hours at a local alpaca farm, and patted ourselves on the back when we left, we only bought a little over 6 pounds of fiber between the three of us. Not bad eh? Then we had a lovely lunch at the kind of place the locals say, are they open today or not? Yep! Very tasty, I took canoli home to DH who said it was pretty good, which is high praise from him on canolis. I had a piece of raspberry mousse cake that was good (but my red truck muffin was better). But I did score some silk hankies, so this summer I'll be making gloves a la Yarn Harlot. I figure I can block out the time, my hands won't be so dry and rough, and who wants a lap full of wool when it's 100F out? Silk hankies will e just the ticket. I may even gift them.

I got home, skipped dinner because I was still full from lunch and got some knitting done. My DS fixed my truck that I haven't been able to drive for 2 weeks. Of course it needs one more thing, but I can still drive it. I didn't realize how much I missed "my" truck until I got in it yesterday afternoon. I actually petted it. If I had been alone, I may have kissed it. And really, I'm just not that attached to things, ya know?

Today it is raining. A lot. That's okay though, I don't have to go out, have no excuse not to spend a little time working on taxes - so they are done well before they are due. No reason not to know how much I owe, even if I don't send the check in yet. Got some more knitting done, exercised, and now will spend an hour or two spinning, I may never finish this purple stuff. And listening to Les Mis on PBS

I'm so sad they are losing federal funding, will have to make larger donations I guess, since I tend to watch it more than commercial tv. sigh.

No comments: