Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Military Mom

The following was posted by a Marine Mom. A few things were added by friends and family. With everything going on in the world right now, military moms of the world need to be reminded they are loved and cared for and they will truly survive their child's deploymet and the thoughtless and cruel things people will say.


“Dear Friends:

As I ponder a thoughtless comment made by a friend today, I reflect on all I have learned since my son became a Marine.
• I have learned to pay better attention to what I say when someone is going through a tough time.
• I have learned not to take the sacrifices made by our military and their families for granted.
• I have learned to shake it off when someone is trying to comfort you and the best they can come up with is “I don’t know how you do it. I could never go through what you are experiencing! “.
• I have learned to keep my mouth shut when all I want to say is “And this is about you how???”.
• I have learned that being a Marine mom means having no control over situations but lots of control over my reactions to them.
• I have learned to marvel at the man my son is becoming.
• I have learned just how important my fellow Marine moms are.
• And I have learned how to press into my faith when times are hard.
Sign, (A Marine Mom)”

And added to her wonderful list:

I have learned the past isn’t as important as the present and future is foggy at best.
I have learned that lifelong friendships happen when you least expect them
I have learned that with group effort, I can make it through almost anything
I have learned that K1B1 is a productive way to get throuugh the day
I have learned that tears do help as long as you don’t get caught in a flood and I've learned to be proud of them
I have learned that batteries are very important but the keepers of them are more important and I love them dearly, and
I have learned that not all friendship begin face to face
I have learned what is really important in life and what is "fluff or bother" and how in the big scheme of things just isn't important.
I have learned to ignore those things I cannot control
And I have learned that I truly can survive anything

No comments: