Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rain and Cats

Do not necessarily go together.  Well, the rain doesn't really care about cats, in fact it probably laughs at them.   FLowers and trees and grass like rain.   Sometimes dogs like rain.  Cats not so much.

I called home today when it started getting storm dark.   I called because I was pretty sure that DH was asleep it being about 3 in the afternoon.   I said let the cats in, it's gonna storm.   Then I continued to work and watch the storm.   Oh, yeah, we had a storm.   Black skies, rain going sideways, it was a thing of beauty.   If you like storms. 

I left work a little later than normal to let the rain stop some, it slowed down but was good and steady, not a problem I said, I'm going home, as long as no trees fell across the road between work and home I'll be there in 10 minutes and can dry off . . . or walk if I have to.   When I got inside DH said he couldn't find Jack.

My poor baby was out in a storm.  as much as a pain in the ass my cat is, I love him.   So, since I was already wet I went around the house looking for him and calling.   I checked at the back fence because sometimes he likes to go to the neighbors house.   I looked under the shed because that would be the logical place to hide if stuck outside during a storm.    Then I worried that because he's such a stupid cat that maybe he went down in the sewer system to get away from the rain - that would be bad.   So then I told myself that he was fine and walked back around to the front of the house.

There was my poor boy at the front door, he was wet, all the way under his belly.   He was not happy.    And walked right in when I opened the door.   then the problem became, it was cold in the house and he needed to be dried off.   Hahahahahahaha   It took two of us and even then we didn't get him all dried off, but once he started grumbling and really trying to get away, I had to let go.    Stanley (the other cat) was very cautious for awhile around cranky cat.    But now he's dry, and all fluffy and soft and gasp clean.

And annoyed that I won't let him back out.   It's thundering.   Looks like rain.
 

No comments: