Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vet Visit

Annual vet visits are not a day of celebration in our house.   First there's the problem of corraling two cats and convincing them they they truly do want to get into their crates.    Then there's the 20 minute ride in a car that you repeatedly assure them they want to be in.   Oh the howling.   It was so pathetic I laughed.    Then there's the howling while I walk through the parking lot carrying a 15 lb cat in each hand - while they howl.   Into the vet's office, where there are many other kitties in crates.   They aren't howling.    Jack didn't stop until I put him back in the car to go home.   Fortunately he's had the same vet since he was 8 weeks old, so she's kind, and finds him amusing.   And didn't check his ears since that is the worse part of a physical and it didn't seem worth upsetting him more.   He got a rabies shot and got to go back into his crate.   Where he howled.

Stanley sat/crouched quietly during his exam, was told how pretty he is, how his teeth and ears are so clean.  and didn't budge during his rabies shot.    Then we were discussing outside cats and the Tom that roams and terrorizes the neighborhood.   So it was decided maybe a lukemia shot would be order just to be on the safe side.    Stanley took his well - she uses the air type shot. 

Jack had to be pulled out of his crate again.   He was NOT amused.

But now they're home and while I won't go so far to say they are happy, they are at least less unhappy.

Don't even THINK about putting me in the car again

I'm right there with you - wish I could look more fierce

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Haha! I love your cat photos! The last time I took both of my cats at the same time, one escaped from the carrier in the car! It was too funny, and a little nerve-wracking...gotta love the fierce kitties!