Friday, August 20, 2010

Derek Farley - Hero

I could have spent today writing about some inane and silly topic, and was getting ready to when I heard about Derek Farley.  

Having a son who was in Iraq until recently, I can well relate to the fear and admiration his parents have for him.   It is a fine line that parents of soldiers walk.   When we share our fears and sadness we are met often times by those who try to cheer us up, tell us get over it, he/she will be back or tell us that this is a war we shouldn't be in or some other inane statement.   Parents of soldiers stick together because we know what it's like.  You don't just get over it. 

Words cannot express my sadness at the news of Derek's death.   Nor can I put into words my admiration for the bravery his parents are demonstrating right now. 

You are a Good Man Derek and you will live on in the lives of many.

No comments: