Friday, July 30, 2010

National Cheesecake Day

And it's Friday, what better wayto end your day than with a date night out for dessert.     Think we'll do this tonight.  I love cheesecake, but don't usually buy it becuase it's so rich and we can't eat it all.   Well we could, but we don't.

In knitting news I finally admitted that thre is a sweater I'm never going to finish.   I have the back done, I have the sleeves done.   I've started the front five times.  It is a simple ss stitch except for the 45 stitches of pattern.   I count the stitches between my markers.  45.    I knit the pattern row and there is always a stitch left over (and there was no increase stitch).   Or I knit the pattern and it ends where it should so I knit to the end of the row.  I purl back.   The pattern row has too many stitches.   I rip out, I try again.   

I have seen a couple of people  knit up the Minimalist Cardigan and thought it looked pretty nice, would make a good sweater to wear everywhere.   Yarn?   See above.  Why yes, I am ripping out the back as I knit this one, there is just a tad of satisfaction in finally winning over that stupid sweater I started two years ago.

Now however, I'm finding that not only am I challenged with a simple k2, p1 in one diection and p2, k1 in the other, but I can't even seem to do a moss stitch.   Well, I did finally realize I'd dropped a stitch so once I fixed that it got better.   

No comments: