Saturday, August 21, 2010

Work, Work, Work

Becuase for some reason I seem to be able to procrastinate on anything that needs to be done in a timely manner so that I will be relaxed and ready today I am taking care of all the little things that need to be done before school starts Monday.   I announced last night that "tonight is the last free ride night"   That means, if you're in the kitchen it better look the same way when you leave as it did when you came in.    I will be sure there is food available, you'd best feed yourself and be neat about it.    Of course the cat's weren't impressed.    I have pretty finger nails and toe nails, I forgot to go get eyebrows shaped, but I have bangs so it really doesn't matter.   I was thinking about a massage, but will save that one for September when I'm tense and need to relax - because often times I bite off more than I can chew.

I've been doing the chapter questions in one of my text books.  WHAT exactly was I thinking?  Oh yeah, I know.   I need to get this done for the satisfaction I will feel in the end.   Yeah.  Right.   Then I remember a guy at work.   He has a degree.   He's been a certified licensed architect for 17 years.   Yet he can't run a project, successfully pull a permit, or get the simplest of things done.   I asked someone if it was because maybe he had a "problem" and just wasn't wired to do these things or was he just plain stupid?   Answer, a little of both.

SO, not only have I explained to daughter that we will be on dean's list ever semester we are in school, but now I've got to rethink someof my "elective" classes and be smarter than the "bewiched guy".  

In the mood for ice cream, and since I don't think I have enough milk, will go make some lemon sorbet, becuase I have lemons that need to be used today or else . . . . wander if the ABC store is still open.

No comments: