Monday, August 23, 2010

My New Career

I have now decided that in addition to my full time work at a community college I need to offer services on the proper attire for students.

Today was the first day of the semester.   We are a pretty big CC and have a huge international student population.   We are very proud and excited about all the countries represented.    We're also proud of our surfer dudes, goth population and geeks.

Today however, I saw a girl I'm sure was attending for the first time.   She was wearing:

Shocking pink mary jane pumps
Shocking pink anklet socks with doubel rows of lace trim
A white mini skirt
Pink (I think) tank top with pink tulle wrapped around her upper body in some sort of top
A white mini pillbox/tophat with white tulle and feathers perched at a jauntly angle on her head.

I had to cut through two buildings before I could bust a gut and let it out.   Unfortunately I was laughing at her and am wondering how many other people will do the same.   I know, I know, you can't judge a person by how they dress and I grew up in the '60s so lets just not go there shall we?  

However, I always told my children especially when they were starting a new location, dress/behave as you intend to continue. 

Perhaps I can offer a summer weekend  course in proper attire.

No comments: