Thursday, December 2, 2010

Three Things on Thursday

What three things am I thinking about today?

1.  We went to a funeral this morning the wife of one of DH's oldest friends passed away the day after Thanksgiving.  She was 58 years old.   Nita lit up a room whenever she went into it.   She was loud, funny and down to earth.   You knew where you stood with her and she never met a stranger who didn't become a friend.   Today as I was listening to the service and eulogy, it occurred to me that her family was truly blessed to have her for a wife, mom, sister, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, grandma.   All she ever wanted to be was a grandma.   I remember her talking about it when her kids weren't even teenagers yet.  

2.   How I really need to care more about what it is I'm doing and stop procrastnating, and be glad I'm alive and functional.

3.  It might snow this weekend :)    I know, some of you have more snow than you know what to do with or even want.   I'd like an inch or so thank you very much.

No comments: