Saturday, December 11, 2010

Neglect

I've neglected many things in the past couple of weeks.   I've had finals on my mind   The stress has not been so much I'll do poorly, because at this point I think that is a given - yep, let this class totally defeat me and relishing in the agony of it, and have been focusing on just getting through with it.   I attend every class, I do the work assigned, I've done the extra, extra credit, I'm just plain done. 

I've neglected the house, not too bad though because over the years I've gotten into a few routines, so while we are a little dishevlished, we aren't totally trashed.   Except DS's room but that's his problem, I don't clean his room anymore since he's all grown up. 

I've given serious thought to getting a roomba for the house.   On the one hand, it would help tremendously with dust and cat hair.  On the other hand, do I really want to spend the money?    I'd really like a drum carder (which is more than the roomba) but somehow it doesn't feel as hard to shuck out money for fiber arts as it does cleaning.   On the other hand, if I had the roomba going, I'd have more time for fiber arts.    Decisions, decisions.

So today, I've got to get to the market since tomorrow is suppose to be cold and rain . . . all day.   I have a yard to clean up, that isn't even my own, but I've got to clean up anyway.   Cookies to make.  Pies to make.  A final to study for.   A christmas tree to buy, put up and decorate.  Laundry to do.  And a house to clean up because the boy comes home next Sunday night.

Work is really getting in my way this week.

No comments: