Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Million Dollars

Incredible.  I work for a government agency.  I have a budget.    I love my budget.  It is 8 million dollars.   yep.    I keep an eagle eye on what the staff spents, and everyone wants to spend my budget before they spend their own money.    And to be fair, my budget covers things like building HVAC systems, repairs, maintenance, etc.

My boss was looking at my spread sheet for my budget where I keep track of every invoice I approve for payment and compared that to the "official" books from accounting.   I have spent one million more dollars than they are reporting.  That means that the invoices I have been sending to accounting aren't getting processed for payment.   WTF?????????

But as I pointed out to him, we know we're right and at least the books aren't showing that accounting has spent more money that we say we have - that would be a nightmare to try and figure out.

Wednesdays.

No comments: