Friday, December 3, 2010

Slowly

Things are very slowly getting back to normal - or as close to "normal" as they ever are around here.   Some kind of bug came to visit the day after Thanksgiving and it has been a long and unwelcome visitor in this house.

While I was thinking about that I was thinking about this last year and the changes.   It all started when I quit a job I simply could not tolerate  anymore.   It took me a long time to realize I couldn't do it anymore and even longer to screw up the nerve to actually turn in my notice.     Getting screamed at in the middle of a busy sidewalk actually helped cement my decision to do it  on the spot.    But I digress.

Then I was semi-employed working for myself.   Then I temped for awhile.   I went back to school.   That comes and goes with the "going well" part of life.   Then because my husband decided to retire, I decided it was imperative that I go back to work.  I lost weight and gained it back.   My boy came home from Iraq and live has moved right along  quite swimmingly.

In the last 365 days the sun has come up a bit brighter every day, the little things in life don't send me right over the edge anymore, and I'm actually happy every morning.   Well, not this week, but that's cuz of the "houseguest" we've not completely evicted yet. 

Christmas is in a few weeks.   Nope, not ready yet except in my head, but will remedy that some this weekend.   Army boy will be home for a week, this semester will be done in a week - oye, and Stanley will be able to go out side again soon.

No comments: