Sunday, April 11, 2010

Taxes and other Miscellaneous Things

Well, those are at least done, just need to write the stinkin check.   Next year I wonder what will happen.   DH retired earlier this year, income level cut more than in half.  Hmmm, well, we shall see.   I'm going through the enormous process of applying for student aid now to begin in the fall.   Bet they will only want to take into account last year's income and not this years lack thereof.  Oh well, I can keep applying.

I received some awsome yarn in the mail last week.  I've really got to get my projects more in line with all the yarn I have.  But am making progress with Hagar's blanket, my sock is on hold for the time being, I was working on the heal last weekend and apparently using the Vulcan death grip on my size 0 harmony dpns.   Snapped two of them.  In less than 5 minutes.   Decided I'd best put that project down for a bit, and at least wait until I order more.   So of course I started the sleeves to a sweater. 

And most excisting in my life this week.   I'm a sample knitter for a local (well within 60 miles of me) yarn dyer.  She wants to try and have everything in time for MDSW which is less than a month away, and I don't have the project  yet so I don't know, but she can certainly have them for Rhinebeck. 

I also still have my cable sweater that needs to be sewn together and the collar knitted - I'm not doing the directions for the finishing, because I don't want a hood, so I'm kinda sitting on it thinking, thinking, thinking.

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Good luck with the aid. . .I think there are "special circumstances" that may apply when you apply, but you will probably have to jump through hoops (and lots of time on the phone, "on hold") to get them. Keep plugging away, I am rooting for ya!