Friday, April 30, 2010

Blowing out another person's candle will not make your's burn brighter

I still on my bully kick at work.   Been doing a ot of research and it ain't pretty.    Like with politicans and the very rich, being a bully is a successful career choice.   Your behavior is either ignored by management or swept under the table.   Or worse you're promoted to get you out of one department's hair and become someone elses problem.   I haven't quite figured out all the ins and outs of a successful bully and those that are enlisted to help attack the "target" yet, and maybe it's just because I never played on that playground. 

I didn't have time for the mean girls in grade school or the clicks in high school.  Which would probably explain my lack of ten million friends growing up.   And I'm not a particularly active gossip - but don't get me wrong, I like it as much as the next person.   But not the vicious lying gossip, I'm more of the friendly what's going on gossip.   I don't read the tabloids, pay attention to the stuff on the internet about who's done who wrong.   Any why would anyone want to waste an hour of their life that they can't get back listening to some whiney girl try and explain why she didn't ruin a marriage, just made herself available because the guy was so wanting her?   Or something like that.  I didn't catch it and am only sorta kinda paraphrasing.   This is why I don't watch much television.  And the cable company quit calling me to get me to sign up when I finally said, why would I pay good money for the crap that is shown on tv?   


Now I'm off to get some cash and shut eye.   Maryland Sheep & Wool is tomorow and I plan on being there early!   (will try and remember to take pictures)

No comments: