Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

After a quiet but productive day, okay, I went to the market and church.   We didn't have a big spread but my sister and her family came over for dessert that my wonderful daughter made.   yummmmm

What could be better than strawberries, cream cheese and made from scratch cake?   Why, a piece for breakfast with a cup of coffee ;)



When she was a senior in high school, my daughter and her friend announced the day before easter that they were going to provide dessert for the family at my sister's house the next day.   o k a y.   So I called my wonderful sister to give her a heads up and then stayed out of the kitchen.   I pointed out that there would be about 15 people for lunch, and my sister lives 90 minutes away.

They spent hours looking at cookbooks and magazines.   Decided on their dessert, went to the store with a list and then proceeded to trash my kitchen (and burn up my mixer). 

We had the most wonderful yule log ever.   Decorated with merange drops instead of ivy.   It was re-named the Easter Log and is what legends are made of.  It was also fondly remembered today as we at her strawberry cake.  

No comments: