Thursday, April 29, 2010

National Equal Pay Day, April 20, 2010

How odd that the President must make a proclamation about equal pay.   Still.   Really.

I don't actually pay too much attention peoples salaries or men v women pay rates or even "mens" jobs v "womens" job.    I kinda figured that all those years of fighting about equal rights, etc in the 60s, 70s and 80s was done and over.   Didn't we win that war?  Oh, I'm sorry, it wasn't a war it was an "economic difference".   Guess other life issues got in my way and that issue dropped off my radar, but if you find you're curious you can check out the Federal Register, dated Friday, April 23, 2010, page 21155 (sorry when I finally figure out how to add links it will truly be a day to be proclamated about).

Now its time for the next generation of girls to step up to the plate.   I did my part and want to enjoy myself now.   I fought for your right to even get a  decent job, join sports, wear pants to school - we'll ignore the mini-skirt issue because when I saw MY teenager girl wearing one, I wondered what I was thinking all those years ago.  And while you're working on this pay rate thing, please also look at the fashion side.   6" high heels only please men (and you don't notice THEM wearing them), and please see my post of several days ago about slapping people upside the head.   I truly believe that every boy/man who is wearing his pants below his waist to just above his knees needs a sound slap upside the head.   WHY do they think that is attractive?    Although it is funny to see them trip and fall  .  . . .  and when my own sons thought that was the "cool look that everyone is doing"  they found that being flagged unexpectedly by your mother in public is not necessarily so cool.

2 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Haha! Here's how to add a link:
Go to the site you want to link to.
Copy the URL.
In your post, the window where you are typing, highlight the words you want to have linked to the URL.
Left click on the little globe icon in the top of the window, and paste the URL into the appropriate place, then choose ok or whatever the ok button says.
Viola! Link!

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

OK, I lost my second comment, but I was coming back to say that I did not mean to laugh at you. . .just remembering how fun the process of learning blogger was for me! lol