Monday, January 24, 2011

National Peanut Butter Day and Dr. Oz 11 Week Program

No, they really don't have anything to do with each other.   Happy national Peanut Butter Day!

A week or so ago, I happened to catch Dr. Oz and saw his 11 week challenge.  I thought why not.   I have really gone off the exercise wagon.   My boys bought me a wii balance board for christmas (hints?) since I hadn't done that yet, and my eating habits really hit rock bottom.

I can do 11 weeks.   but it has been slow.   So my plan to to do an up date every Monday.   Hopefully this will keep me extra motivated and honest.   I put all my stats in the Dr. Oz program and have been for the most part tracking my eating all day.   I'm way over my calorie intake v exercise output.   And I got in a horrible habit of having a cherry coke every day.  NO MORE.    At the same time I had put my stats in the wii for tracking, and last night, after one week, I checked my progress.   My BMI is up, my weight is up, and my "real age" went up 11 years.   While I immediately declared that I hate the wii of course that isn't true.  It isn't a machine's fault I got extra lazy.    Fortunately, the rest of the parts for the treadmill came Friday so it is now up and running.   We've got to walk only on it for the next week and make the final tweeks in the belt to be sure it's safe.

I also am reading the CLEAN book, haven't started on it yet, but that will come by next weekend.   I'm not sure that I want to juice quite so much, I already get my fruit and some veggies in the morning with my smoothie, which fills me up until lunch.    The CLEAN program says to eat food for lunch, and drink breakfast and dinner.   I also am suppose to give up coffee, soda, sweets, all the rest.   I'm not yet ready to give up coffee, and since I drink it black and it is suppose to be good for you, think I'll stick with it.   I've been getting the Clean Eating magazine so will be making more out of that.    My bigged problem at work seems to be snacking in the afternoons, so I may keep my morning smoothie, have a really light lunch, and then have a green smoothie inthe afternoon, I'll see if I can't make it up inthe moring and then freeze it at work until I'm ready for it.   A normal dinner, and I rarely have anything to eat after dinner.  I do enjoy a nice hot mug of international coffee french vanilla at night which I'm also going to keep up with at least through the winter.   In the summer I'm not so interested in a hot beverage in the evenings.   

This morning I got a mile in on the treadmill in about 35 minutes, since I gotta keep the speed down this week, the belt did bind up once, so it still needs tweeking.  I'll do at least 30 minutes on the wii balance program tonight.   I'm drinking my fruit smoothie (strawberries, blueberries, banana, 3 cubes of frozen juiced veggies (beet, apple, carrot, turnip) flax seed and homemake plain yogurt.    And I brought portion controlled snack and lunch.

GO ME!