Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cold

Oh my.    I'm not planning on going anywhere today, and it is my usual market day.    But as I sit here typing, it is 14 degrees outside.  Fahrenheit.     The cold air from the mid-west has arrived on the east coast.   I don't know how cold it is up north, probably worse because they got snow, and I've decided not to watch the weather reports anymore.    They don't know for sure, and the snow/sleet/whatever always seems to miss is, or turn to rain, and that just makes me sad.     So, my new plan is to check the thermometer every morning, since it doesn't care about the temp at the three airports in my area, and I call look at the weather rock to see if it is wet to know if there is rain.    And really, does it matter if it rains during the day?    I don't have an outside job so I don't have to dress for that.    And I don't use umbrellas so I don't need to worry about forgetting mine.   We'll see how this works.

Oh, on the menu this week:
 Sunday:   Chili
Monday:  Honey Cranberry Chicken, pasta, brus. sprouts
Tuesday:  French toast w/cherry citrus topping
Wednesday:  leftovers
Thursday:  Roast, rice, beans
Friday:  Roast beef sandwich with havarti dill cheese and onions
Saturday:  Grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and salad

And Friday I used my new travel mug, I got one for each kid for christmas.    I didn't think it kept my coffee warm long enough, although one DS that I asked said it keeps his warm all the way to work.   I actualy figured something out, did a swatch, and this is what I got.

I may make a few adjustments and do it again, but it took about 2 hours, i used yarn I had two strands, one a green the other a sock yarn and I'm quite pleased.

No comments: