Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Here's my 10 for Tuesday, which is really a list of resolutions that I probably won't keep but want to try.

1. Exercise more. Say that all the time, but I do have a pass for the local gym and have actually been going to the step class 2x a week on and off. Gotta start using those yoga tapes I have.

2. Eat less and better. The problem with trying to diet I've found is that as soon as I declare a diet, I immediately eat a pound of m&ms every day until I decide I've gone off the diet. Maybe hypnosis should be on my list this year.

3. Keep working on that happy place. I started practincing random acts of happy this summer to lessen the road rage and general meanness I get. I take a deep breath and tell myself not to let the "offender" win by making me angry and nasty for what ever amount of time it takes me to get over it. Amazingly that has helped a lot. Only one time in the past month have I walked in the door at the end of the day totally raged, and that was because of someone at work . . . it took MANY deep breaths to get over that one.

4. Plan meals, see #2. I can plan till I'm blue in the face, it's that old follow through that seems to stop me.

5. Obviously follow through on the day to day stuff I'm trying to work on. Well, I am still a work in progress

6. Take trips. I want to see my mom more, and why haven't I gone to see son #1? I could certainly do it on a 3 day weekend even if I only saw each of them a day and a half to allow for travel time. I also want to go to other places. Well, I know why, money is not pouring out of my pockets

7. Money. GOT to get a handle on it.

8. Give more home made christmas presents in 2009. That should be easy?

9. Start making those christmas presents now - hahahahahah. Well, maybe if I make a list, set a goal and do one a month, that will be some of them?

10. Enjoy life. I've been working on that one too. And I do for the most part enjoy my life each and every day. Now is the time to figure out how to do it more. More more more. Bigger, better. Since I don't watch a lot of tv anymore because really it is mostly crap, I dont have the buy buy buy get get get feeling as much. I don't feel poor, unloved, inadequate becuase I am not keeping up with the jones. I don't know the jones, I don't see the jones and I really don't care what the jones are doing.

Peace and here's to a better 2009 :)

No comments: