Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday Cheer Part II

I swear I'm trying to get into the spirit. I'm rethnking all my past years of hopes and failures. The tree was purchased and brought home. It was even brought into the house and put in the stand within 2 days! Last night I thought would be a good night to put up at least the lights. Went to the basement to get the decorations. Found 1 (one) stinkin box which fortunately had the stockings and angle in it, but only one string of lights. The rest of the orniments were no where near the stack of crap I have stored in the laundry room. No problem I thought, I'll look in the storage room under the step.

Of course before I can open that door, I have to move all the crap in my daughter's room because god forbid she ever clean or put anything away. Got it opened. no boxes. none. in fact it looks as if that storage area has been robbed it is so empty looking.

Now I think that maybe they got taken to the off site storage room. Don't ask it's another budget drain that I can't wait to be rid of. However, in my effort to be cheap because the storage room was only supose to have the stuff my DD took from her marriage and was to be temporary storage until she found her own place - 14 months ago - and would take all those treasures and furniture. and it has all my army son's stuff that he couldn't part with while gone for the next undetermined amount of time, and my house is bustin at the seams. but I digress

storage room is 50 miles away. major highway travel is needed to get to it, weekend before holiday. I-95. I may cry

No comments: