Monday, December 15, 2008

Long Time

Well. It's a pretty good thing that I don't think anyone is reading this because I have been woefully behind on any type of blogging whatsoever. thanksgiving was a somber affair. No one was really interested in the day, half of us were sick and son#1 was gone. ick.

Still trying to get my christmas oomph going. Forcing myself to listen to christmas music on the radio, and have been watching some christmas movies. Kids and I went out saturday night and got the tree. Even their selection was blah. It has been a tradition for many many years the the three kids and I go alone to get a tree. we always go to the same place and when we forget and try a different tree place, we always end up going back to the same old faithful one. At night. Last year we went in the afternoon and agreed that you can't buy a tree when the sun is shining. What fun is the surprise in that? As sons 1 and 2 grew taller and taller, we use them as the height measure. The tree has to be taller than my 6' sons. One year we picked a H U G E tree. It wouldn't fit in the net thingy. It wouldn't fit in the front door. They are double doors. My light supply only covered the bottom third of the tree and more lights had to be bought. it was truly a thing of beauty and every time we go tree shopping, we remember with great joy our enormous tree. This years tree is tall, but skinny. All the trees were skinny and there just didn't seem to be as many. there were only two types, fraiser furs (which is what we always get) and white pines or whatever those long needled things are.

Tomorrw night while I watch one of the few shows on TV I enjoy anymore, I'll get the lights on. Maybe we'll start with the ornaments. Since we got the cat, I don't like to use the tinsel anymore becuase I'm afraid he'll eat it. He isn't a very bright cat most of the time. But I love him just the same.

No comments: