Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why do I do This To Myself Part 1

I was having a lovely conversation with son #1 this evening, he's half away across the country serving our country and won't be home for christmas. sigh. Anyway as we were talking about his deployment in May and he was trying to explain how/why they may be deployed earlier, I said oh, we've got to get you a camera that you can download pictures directly to the laptop so that I can see you and what is going on. He said yeah, he wanted to do that. THEN I don't know how exactly we got on the subject of pictures and babies and grandchildren. Well, I do know but it isn't something to be shared with anyone, I said . . .

if you had a baby, I would expect you to be taking pictures all the time and sending them to me on email so that I could enjoy the baby that was half way across the cuontry with you. Once we established that he wouldn't be having any baby any time soon (his words and declaration) which is good because he is too young. then he said If I had a baby then I'd be sending it to live with you especially when I was deployed. . . I'd send my wife too.

hm

well, of course I said that I would welcome them with open arms and of course they could come live here. WHAT WAS I THINKING???????????????????

Then I got that warm fuzzy feeling inside. my baby still is my baby and he does still depend on his mom. I can't make the combat practice, gas chamber, fighting hurts any better, but at least he know and rembers love

No comments: