Monday, October 27, 2008

Fiber Festivals

I have been wanting to get to the New York festival for a few years, always plan for the following fall in November, then something falls apart. Usually me. So, once again I went to Fletcher NC (Asheville) to the southeastern festival at the AG Center. Love that place. Not only is it indoors but it is 15 minutes from my mom. What could be better? a long weekend with my mom and a day of yarn products? We got there about 10, of course parking was not fun, but wasn't as bad as I anticipated either. made a beeline to Brooks Farm and right next to them was a vendor I hadn't seen before. She had a few great things knitted up. I bought a jacket pattern and some of her yarn with which to make it. Then I saw a great shawl, made with 1,000 tensel. Yeah right, I'll be starting that one quick fast and in a hurry.

Was a bit dissapointed, I really wanted to get some needles and didn't see a very large selection and certainly not what I wanted. Well, there's always on line shopping.

Had a great lunch at the local tea house. A bit pricey but good nonetheless. then the afternoon was spent knitting and napping.

Saturday was dedicated to finishing a sweater I made last winter, finished in the spring and never got the gumption to put together. Mom and LK sister offered advise and hand holding and wow, it is perfect! Am working on another sweater that is 2/3ds done, I had thought I'd get it done this weekend during all the driving/car riding and 2 days of knitting time. It never occurred to me that it would take almost an entire day to sew one sweater together. But then, we went out for a nice lunch and some shopping so it wasn't an ENTIRE day I guess. Well, I'll keep workin on the blue one and maybe will have done by end of next weekend.

yea me!

No comments: