Thursday, October 16, 2008

miscellaneous

you'd think I wasn't grateful for anything the past few days - nah, there's been a lot.

Yesterday started and ended very well
I got an email from my mom - go mom!
I asked my daughter to do something I knew would blow her fuse and she readily agreed - go DD!
I didn't over eat - go me!

went to my knitting guild last night and actualy enjoyed myself, well I usually do, there is always someone to talk to, I was really early so was one of the first 5 to arrive. when I first joined a few summers ago, there were a lot of people and while I didn't feel no welcomed, I didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling either. last night was a smaller group than I've seen before but it was debate night. Saw two new magazines now must go try and find at the book store. one is the new debbie bliss premier edition magazine there is a sweater that I MUST make, but I can't start another project like that until I finish the hanna jacket I've started and ripped out.

One large expensive project at a time. And I've got the yarn to make my mom something which I haven't even started yet, and I've changed my mind a couple of times so I don't know. But, with the economomy going the way it is, I'm going to judicially use my stash and slowly put a bit more away while I can afford to just in case I have to go for a long spell of non yarn buying. then will be the time to pull out those long projects and say out loud, I'm only knitting on this until it is finished. don't have to say can't afford more yarn right now, just trying to get some things off the needles.

I'm going to asheville next weekend for their fiber fair, don't usually find anything I can't live without but brooks farm is always there and I LOVE their stuff. I may take a skein or two of one that I have and see if they either have more or I can match it with something. I'm working on a sweater with their stuff right now and it is G R E A T. So soft, so pretty, there were colors I wasn't expecting they are so subtle and I'm loving knitting it up.

No comments: