Sunday, November 2, 2008

Saturday


Saturdays are apparently going to be a challenge for Jack. Last saturday he got stuck in a tree just before dinner and we had to make an in the dark using flashlights and 40 foot ladder rescue.


Yesterday at 5am when it was still quite dark, I went out to get the newspaper. Jack apparently has decided that hiding under the plant stand at the front door gives him prime opportunity to sneak out. Yes he is allowed out. During the day. When the sun is shining. Not in the dark, especially near sunrise and sunset because I worry about predators in the neighborhood. We have fox roaming the neighborhood and I have seen birds of prey. And I take the collars off at night because the bells rining were waking me up every hour or two. Cats at play in the middle of the night, ya know?


So . . . out he went, no collar. Taunted me with his boldness and wouldn't come in until well after sun up. Finally got hungry and came in about 8 am for a snack. I at least got the collar on but then he went right back out. Didn't come in again until dinner at 5.


he was so tired when he tried to jump in my bedroom window he didn't quite make it and slid down the wall. second try wasn't much better.


this is how he spent the next 4 hours.
Then he moved to the other end of the house, to the back of the couch and spent another 3 hours before coming to bed again. After breakfast this morning he came to sleep in the chair next to me while I catch up on paperwork and blogging.
Wonder if he eve remembers about going out side?

No comments: