Saturday, October 4, 2008

So what did he expect?

While my radar is pretty low for most things in the word that do not directly affect me and even for some things that do, I'm sick to death of the political race here in the US. Didn't like the two choices I have been offered, still don't like them, they both scare me and I have decided that set term limits for all political positions is a good idea. Virginia doesn't let the governor govern forever and once he's done, he's done. One person only gets up to 8 years to pretend he's god and try and ruin (oops I mean run) the country. Lets set that for all the senators and congressmen/women as well. I have no ide who will end up with my vote next november, but I do know that I will be voting for the non-encumbant for every other local election up on the ballot. It may not change anything and I'm sure the same old guys will get voted back in, I secretly think they have rigged the voting so it doesn't matter who anyone votes for anyway. But there's my position.

But that isn't even what I started on. OJ not the juice - oh except they call him that too. How stupid. years ago, cute young guy, on tv all the time, football, commercials, fancy life. everyone knew him, he was admired and awed then BAM! nasty divorce and the rest is history. Now he seems shocked that he actually can't pull a gun on someone and try to steal from them and we should be glad no one died, but still why the shock? How could he possible think that there was any way that behavior would be acceptable? Oh yeah, it worked last time there was a monkey circus called court of law. I'm glad that this time, sensible restraint was had by all, professionals acted like professionals and were kept in check and the jury did it's job.

and the crying girlfriend? please. the only thing she can be most sorry about is the loss of the free meal ticket. where were the kids supporting him through all this? oh yeah, disfunction raises it's ugly head again. I want to thank the television networks for not airing hours upon hours of drivle on every station, every day, week after week. I'm glad I didn't know all the hairy details. I'm glad I didn't hear the verdict for almost 24 hours. I'm glad justice somewhere was met

No comments: