Saturday, November 27, 2010

Surviving Black Friday

Why/How do people  do it?   Why in the world would you get in line at 2 am in the freezing cold to save a couple of bucks?   Nope.  Not.  Interested.

I met an old friend for breakfast at IHOP, first time I think I've been to one of those in 2 years.   Then we went to Oak Barrel Winery in Delaplane, VA for a wine tasting and visit.   And score!   they had some crafters and vendors there for a mini shopping experience.   Jo bought some jewelry, I got another stone pan from Pampered Chef.  I don't "do" those home parties and had been wondering how to get another one, so I was sure to keep her card and now I can order directly from Darlene.   Can't wait for that to come, she said about a week to deliver. 

I've decided that I really don't like wine tastings.  The flavors all merge together and I feel rushed.   From now on, I'm just going to tell them what I like and then try a glass of what they recommend.   And really.   I'm cheap.  I'll admit that right off.   So it goes against most of what I believe in to spend over $25 for a bottle of wine.   There are just a lot of wines I like for way less.   And why do I feel pressured to buy a bottle of wine I really didn't love?   For $33?  

Anyway, I heard all about Jo's trip to Russia, now I want to go, and then all the family/kid issues, becuase we just don't get together that often anymore.  and she's become a runner.  She looks fantastic!   Makes me want to get off my lazy behind and get back into shape.   Since I've got to change my diet, I might as well start exercising again.  

So, with that in mind, I'm off to the back yard to rake leaves.  Should get 20 bags out of there today and then will be done for the season.  

No comments: