Thursday, November 11, 2010

Stanley

I'm squemish.    I freely admit it.   I couldn't be in the same room when my kids got their shots.   They stepped on a piece of glass, dad had to get it out, or the neighbor (who fortunately was a nurse).  Splinter?   My theory is that it will work it's way out eventually.

My poor kitty got attacked by something yesterday.   We suspect the tom in the neighborhood finally got the best of them.  They hiss and spit at each other often.   The vet said she wasn't sure.   Stanley  has long hair, he is colored like a simese and has the trademark blue eyes that will cross.   He is a pretty boy.

Now he has no hair on his back right hindquarter.   He has a bunch of stitched, don't know how many cuz I can't look, but it's about 2 inches long, and he has a drainage tube.   That is gross.    And it comes out Monday.   So for the next four days he has to be confied to my son's room for the most part.   We let him out to eat and visit, and I take that stupid edwardian colar off so he can eat drink and get some love.   The rest of the time it has to stay on because I don't want any complications.

We'll not discuss the emergency room bill, but let me assure you that unil Wednesday, I would swear that I never would pay that much for my cat.


1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Poor Stanley! i hope he heals quickly!