Thursday, November 4, 2010

And We'll Just Start Again

So, It's the beginning of another month, and how in the heck can it be November already?   Doesn't seem like November, but that could be because until last weekend, it was summer weather.  I think CAP has a great idea going about "checking in" the beginning of every month to assess how her last month went and what is in the plans for the next month.

Well, I don't want to copy her completely, but I was thinking about the past year just the other day.   This time last year, tomorrow to be exact, I quit my job.   A job I had had for 7 years.   A job I could no longer stand working with a woman who, well lets just say that I didn't understand her.   Or to be more precise I did actually understand her, I was just tired of being her wife.   By that I mean the one who made sure that her life ran smoothly 24/7.  

It was a scarry thing, quitting without another job to go to.   I temped for awhile.   I didn't work for awhile.   I temped some more, then I decided to maybe really look for a job.   It took about 4 months and I wasn't stressed/serious about it, would just send my resume to anything that looked interesting, and was close to home, and paid more than minimum wage.   And while I wasn't working I was learning to take back my own life.   I made sure to get up and dress every day, and I didn't watch TV all day, but I finally got the house in some semblance of order, laundry was done all the time, we ate good meals for dinner, and I wasn't crazed.   And shockingly, my phone did not ring night and day, day and night, and weekends too.   I could actually get a pedicure and not have my phone ring - score!

I started a full time job again in June, it was a bit of an adjustment, but I like it.   It is close to home, the people are nice - and for me that's sayng a lot because I don't really like people.  And I have benefits.   Including sick leave, personal leave and vacation.   Something I hadn't had in 7 years. 

Last weekend my husband and I were going somewhere and as I looked out the window I said "I'm happy"  just a random thought that came out of my mouth, but upon reflection quite true.   WHile yes, I work a regualar job, I have a regular income, I can knit when I want, I can go out with friends when I want, I can spend all night on the computer if that is what floats my boat.  I've found balance in my life again.  

I'm happy and life is good.

No comments: