Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Day

This day started out so promising.   I got up early, enjoyed my coffee and newspaper, had a nice hot bowl of oatmeal, took a wool area rug outside to clean, visited with a neighbor for a few minutes - hard to believe her son is walking now, but he will be 1 next week so I guess that's about right.  Didn't get any studying done for the economics test done, which is bad, but got a few other things taken care of.    Did most excellent at the LYS and didn't shop for yarn only got the needles that I specifically went in to buy, and had a nice few minute visit.    Didn't buy yarn because there's a fiber fest. next weekend I'm thinking about going to and then SAFF in October.   Need to save up for that.

Then I thought I'd hop to the mall and buy something to wear to a wedding in October.   OMG.   It was worse than two days before christmas.   Why?   It wasn't terrible hot or cold outside, the sun was shining.  In fact all the ingredients were set for people to enjoy a day outside with their kids.   Soccer season in here, why, why, why were there so. many. people?    And children.   And teenagers roaming in packs?   Very unhapy experience.   I'm not a big mall shopper anyway.   At this particuar one there are only two or three stores I go into , they are relatively close together.   I go in.  I buy.  I leave.    But not today.   I tired on 6 outfits to wear to an afternoon wedding.   They were horrible. 

The only thing that made me laugh was the woman pushing a stroller.   She had on really tight light yellow shorts.   She also had on navy blue and white striped panties.   Wanna know how I knew?

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

People are so funny, and really, they do not think. . .sigh! I feel much like you about shopping, but I wish I loved it more. . .