Friday, July 16, 2010

Hmmm, we had an earth quake this morning. It was in  about 15 miles away from me but I felt it quite well. Rattled the windows a little and maybe shook the house a bit, but no more than if a train had been going by.

You would have thought that nothing else in the world happened this morning. The news started reporting it by 5:30 and they  preempted  Good Morning America so that we could continue to hear people in the area calling to say, my house shook!
Really.   There was no structure damage anywhere, no one seemed to be hurt.   Half the news people on the air didn't even know it happened until their phones started ringing.

With all the other things going on in the world, did I need to hear about "how scared" every citizen in the area was?    Please. It lasted 15 seconds maybe. Although it was nice not having to hear about the latest celebrety scandal.   I'm about ready to give up the morning news too. Just need it on long enough to tell me how how it may be that day so I know how to dress.

My house didn't collapse on us and if I hadn't been awake I might have missed it.

I'll bet California is laughing like crazy right now.

No comments: