Sunday, May 17, 2009

wallets

As I was helping my son pack to move I saw him put his id and bank card into his sleeve pocket and I asked where his wallet was. He looked at me blankly and said he hadn't had/used one in a long time. I just stared. by the time he was 4 he NEEDED a wallet. It was important I was informed and needed to have lots of cards in it. So, we made an ID card and covered it in plastic so that it was official, and whenever we had used gift cards and store "bonus" cards (we'll get into those another time) he kept them. Now he doesn't need one. Hm

For some strange reason as I was doing more of his laundry today to reached into a pants pocket. Out came my clean hand (thank god) and $12. Jackpot! That will cover the dry cleaning bill! Ain't gettin that one back baby. Added bonus, I quite sticking my hands into his pockets about the same time he was entralled with the wonders of a wallet. If it was alive it would surely be dead by the time the wash and dry finished, and if it was just plain gross then the washer could go another round with it. One time was more than enough.

Come to think of it, not only haven't I found his wallet while putting things away, I haven't seen his drivers license either . . .

No comments: