Friday, May 22, 2009

Lawyers

Location: warm snuggly bed
Time: 5:24 am

Phone rings. Okay. Have a kid out of the country, an elderly mom who lives 8 hours away, and staff who have jobs this morning at various times. So of course answer the phone.

Attorney, oh, why did you answer the phone so early in the morning? Did I wake you up? I'm sorry. Blah blah blah. I need a reporter today at 1. we were in court yesterday and all showed up at 1:30 but the judge had 1 on his schedule so we have to go back today.

WTF????? It didn't occur to him to call yesterday? Well no, of course not. Attorneys are bad about that. Plan ahead? nah. I'll call and if they don't say yes right away, I'll whine until they do.

Well, it is the nature of the business, and it got me up. Now I've got to go get two other people up and tell them their schedule has just changed.

Happy Friday and have a good holiday weekend. Anticipating Rolling Thunder - YEAH!

No comments: