Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ten on Tuesday

So this week's ten is on the Olympics.    Like last week's favorite red things, I don't think I have ten things about the Olympics because I don't watch them.   But we shall see.

1.  I don't watch them. 

2.  Not because I'm protesting Russia because that seems like a stupid reason, I more protest
      them because they let professional athletes play the games. 
 
3.   I don't have cable TV so can a only see what  the station chooses to show on "free" TV
      which is fine, but I would like to see more than skiing and ice skating.

4.    Yes, I know I could stream them on my computer.   That would require me sitting down to
       figure out how to do that since I haven't yet.   Sure, everyone says it is simple, but they
       haven't met me.

5.  The Olympic committee rather pissed me off when they slapped back Ravelry for daring
     to use the word Olympic in our games.  

6.   Here is the sweater I planned to finish while I wasn't watching the Olympics but would work
      on during the game weeks.


It is the back and done.    I'm about 3/4 done with the front.    Then I have to put the shoulders together, pick up the stitches for the neckband, then pick up stitches for each sleeve and knit them then seam the sides up.

I actually had both front and back done and the neck band on 3 weeks ago.   I decided to try it on.   Too tight.   I thought about "oh it will block out just fine".   But the more I thought about it, the more I knew if it didn't I would never wear it and be pissed.    So riiiiiiip it out.  Of course, I was then cocky because I've done this pattern once, so the second time will be a snap.   That was my first mistake.    Because of course, when you change sizes, the pattern changes.   Duh.   I was done with the front, spread it out to admire before putting shoulder seams together and hmm, something wrong, but what.

Oh yeah, that cable going up each side?   Skipped it on one side about half way up.   Riiiiip

As of today, I have the second half of the front split for the neckline half done.  So about 13 more rows.   I have double and triple checked after every 3 rows and even resorted to putting life lines in when I'm sure I'm good so far.  So this one won't be ready before winter is over.   I know that because even though February is only half over, it is 100 wool, and a chunky wool at that.   But that's okay, I'll have a "new" sweater for next winter.




No comments: