Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tree Day 2

Monday I came home to traumatized cats. There was a pile of wood in the back yard, there were strange guys in the yard all day. A lot of them, and noise. Oh the noise! I came home at lunch just to check on things, and while I was in the kitchen a limb dropped and hit the patio arbor, shook the entire house. That explained why I couldn’t find a cat. I think Stanley was in the basement under the work bench. We’re still not sure where Jack was.

Monday night after the workers left, I opened the door for the cats in case they wanted to go our. Jack walked toward the door, about a foot away, he stuck his nose out as far as it would go, and then backed up. Stanley didn’t get as close to the door as two feet. I felt bad, but what could I do. I knew if I made them stay outside during all this they would never come home.

When I left Tuesday morning for work, Jack was hiding in the knitting room, stanley was in the play room - not quite as bad as under the workbench, but rather below where the guys would be working.

Stanley

Jack

Tree being "pruned"


Tuesday night when I got home, and after the guys had left, Stanley came out of hiding and sat at the top of the steps. He was actually shaking. How often can you feel bad for upsetting your cat?

No comments: