Saturday, June 18, 2011

How Many Days!

Exactly please, how many days does it take to move a one bedroom apartment? TinkerDaughter moved out of her large one bedroom apt. (the one with the dishwasher and washer/dryer) but in a neighborhood that went bad. Really bad. Into a half the size one bedroom, with no dishwasher or washer/dryer. It took three days to move her from big into storage room for most things and my house for her, some clothing and the cats. Three days. When we were having an early heat wave. And on a holiday weekend in which I had other plans.

Last Sunday, her brother and a friend moved all her furniture out of storage and into the new (smaller) apartment. I helped with my truck to move some boxes. Today she moved a load or two out of the house and the cats into said apartment. That leaves some small miscellaneous furniture and boxes in storage. Which she just called to ask if I will help move today. Before the storms come. After I spent all morning unpacking for her waiting for the cable guy (a long story for another day) and calming two unhappy kitties. But she got an opportunity to work this morning for triple pay, I told her she'd be a fool to turn it down when I could wait just as easily as she could

But, I want my knitting room back. Desparetly. Which is where 90% of her take to mom's stuff went. I couldn't even dig anything out. :(

This exercise better be worth a lot of calories is all I can say.

No comments: