Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pick Strawberries Day

So go find a field.  I was at the farmers market last weekend hoping to score some fresh strawberries.   Love them in my smoothie every morning.   However, while I always support the local farmers first, $5 for a little plastic thingy of strawberries was way more than my budget could afford.   So back to the market for me, those store bought strawberries may have been imported from somewhere else, but are less than half the cost.

Speaking of smoothies, my sister said to me yesterday that she tried a new flavor smoothie, and used steva instead of sugar and the taste wasn't too bad.   My first question was why would you put either in a smoothie?   It's suppose to be a nutritious, healthy, non-fatening way to have a decent breakfast and get your fruit serving for the day.   So she called me this morning and said she ordered another smoothie today.  Told them to hold all the sweetener - they said okay, but that is what makes it thick - HUH??????   lo and behold the smoothie was just great!

And, I was talking to a woman the other day about juciers.   She said she had gotten one after trying several juices at a store demo.  She said they were all good and had things like spinach, cabbage, etc in them.   Anyone out there have a juicer?   Do you like it?   I've been thinking about one but want to be really sure it's a good idea before spending all tha money.

No comments: