Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day






 

It has been a big weekend here in the Nations Capital.  Rolling Thunder.   Wreath Laying at the Tomb of Unknown Soldier.  TAPS.  Veterans and their families coming in to visit monuments.   I took the afternoon and went out of town and had a spinning session with some friends.    I got the roving in a Ravelry Swap and it's hand dyed.   I don't know what the content is, but it definately has some mohair, and it seemed to have felted just a tad in the dying process so we had to have a discussion the fiber and I, about how I was bound and determined to spin it.   I wasn't sure I'd like it, because while the colors are strong and bold the way I like them in the roving, I just wasn't sure how they'd spin up.   This is why I'm not a dyer.  Simply beautiful and as soon as I get the rest done will have to make something with it.   Not sure what yet, haven't gotten that far, but rest assured it will be fab.

No comments: