Sunday, February 1, 2009

Atlanta



I spent Thursday and Friday in Atlanta with my mom visiting museums and seeing cirque du Sollie. Thursday we saw the Chinese Terra cotta army from one of the first Chinese emperors and then had plenty of time to visit the rest of the museum. No pictures allowed. But we did have lunch at the restaurant on top of the Westin hotel and saw the roof of a cool building. we were 72 storeys up, WAY high and I didn't look straight down, but had a good time, the restaurant spins so you get a view of the entire city. Of course I admired the city, all the great architect, the Olympic area, and didn't take any pictures except the one building.

On Friday we saw the King Tut exhibit, had lunch at Chateau Elan in Georgia, very nice resort with a small winery. Bought three kinds of red wine to try next time I go to my mom's. I flew down and didn't check luggage so it couldn't come home with me. Got back to mom's by 5:30 and had a late (for her) dinner and went to bed EARLY.

Saturday, we went into Charlotte, a 2 hour drive, to Baskets of Yarn and had a luxury yarn tasting. More about that on another blog. Then I sat at the airport for hours, so mom could get home at a decent hour and my flight wasn't until early evening. But I got a lot of knitting done while i waited and just listened to my ipod. So, relaxing all the same. Two flights, because of course I had to fly south and change planes in order to fly north, and there were NO screaming kids. that was a true blessing. After a short drive home, I was home by 10 pm and in bed and asleep by 11:30.

Apparently I was missed on this trip.

No comments: