Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ravelry

I'm on ravelry. A lot sometimes. I like ravelry. I like seeing what other people are talking about imagining them living next door to me and then being surprised when they are on the other side of the world! How cool is that.

I tend to join groups. I just looked today and saw that I am in about 50 of them. Now really, am I going to read 50 different group thingys? of course not, so I got out of a couple that I'm not that into anymore, or haven't had a lot of activity. Sometimes I'm reading something cool and just mindlessly click the join this group button. Then I don't have to remember so hard where I saw something two weeks later. But maybe that makes me look like a pig. Joining all these groups I can't reasonably participate in. Or that I have no life. Well, I'm not inclined to give up sleep, although I don't sleep much anyway right now.

And now Jack has remembered how fun it was to sit on my desk when I type and try to get the cursor thingy, his tail laying across the key board, and Jack, your head ain't made out of glass ya, know?

Anyway back to my rant. But cool things do happen, I've got a few new email type friends and I've picked up a few hints and ideas that will be helpful, and there is one group I know I'll leave in a month or so, it is for a knitting retreat I'm going on and quite frankly, anyone I still want to communicate with in July will be a buddy by then and I can email and not visit through a community forum. At my knitting guild meeting last night I heard about another guild in the area who does really cool things. Do I have time for another one? I'd like to join a spinning guild. But I think they meet the same night as the knitting guild . . . maybe I'm getting ready to click too many groups?

No comments: