Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I went to my knitting guild meeting tonight, but should have stayed home. They did a workshop on making beaded jewlery which I knew I didn't want to do. I did want to see some one to ask for some help. Of course she didn't show. I ended up leaving early and thinking for the first time, I really wasted my time tonight :( Well, that's not true I always get some good information and overheard a couple of conversations that I will follow through on. More about that another time.

But my pink jacket is almost done, I just have to find someone to show me how to crocet the neck binding and then block it. It is very pretty, but I'm not sure I love it. I may rip out the bottom band and make it wider. I didn't follow the directions all the way through, and made the band shorter because I had made the body of the jacket longer, not realizing that there was a seed stitch band around the bottom. Because, why after all shouold I read the directions all the way through before starting?

I'm slowly getting ready for my knitting retreat which is really only in two weeks now. They haven't sent the supply list, but I'm thinking I'll pretty much have everything I need since I'm making a sweater, taking a cables class and a couple of little technique classes, and spinning. I've mapquested my directions. Told my sister what time to expect me that morning, becuase we're leaving before sun up it is about 6 1/2 hour from her house (allowing for gas and food stops) and we need to be there between 11 and 12 so we can settle in our hotel room before a 1pm class. Will be eating on the road that day I fear. I've got to get DS to change my oil, fill up the washer fluid thingy, air the tires, etc. Starting to get excited.

No comments: