Thursday, January 15, 2009

A very very good day!

I thought monday was a great day. DS#1 called to say they had a 4 day weekend and he was coming home. get him a ticket. Of course, he wasn't taking into consideration that airline tickets are at a premium the week you want to travel, unless of course you have flexibility. The Army is not known for flexibility. Then you have to take into consideration that he would be flying into the washington dc area. on innaguration weekend. for what is touted as being the biggest inagural deal ever. Being a determined mother, I succeeded. He leaves at 6am friday morning but gets here before 10 so he'll have most of the day. He leaves earlier than a mother would like on Monday but he does have to fly to florida, change planes and then go west and then drive 3 hours from airport back to base, so I had to be a little flexible. And he won't get back there until about midnight. But as he said, he can sleep on the plane (both of em)

Then I got home and my mom had ordered and had mailed to me an egg poacher. I love her egg poacher. It is about 60 years old. Good Revere ware. She guards it when I visit her. Of course I could get one very much like it, but then I'd have to spend a lot of money and I just can never bring myself to spend a ton of money on pots. Of course, cooking would probably be a bit easier, but, meh. So now I've got a 6 egg one (hers is only 4 eggs) and it looks as if the teflon pan can be used separately to fry. I don't usually believe in teflon pans because you scrape that stuff off, it gets in your food, then cancer city. And yes, I know, if you don't use metal things, the teflon won't come off.

No comments: